Saturday 11 February 2012

Topshop Unique SS12.









 















At long last, Topshop Unique SS12 collection has arrived! The collection was inspired by the late Elizabeth Taylor in the adaptation of Cleopatra in 1963. The assemblage included lots of hieroglyphic inspired prints with mounds of gold and accents of baby pink and aquamarine. The collection truly reflects the 'UNIQUE' brand, I haven't seen anything similar to this on the catwalk or the high street - it really takes on the 'sport luxe' trend with a idiosyncratic twist. The catwalk shown above is amazing! The models all sported hair covered with gold leaf (some also with pink hair and gold leaf to give an ombre effect) and hand painted nails with a Egyptian hieroglyphic design. My favourite pieces are the 'All Seeing Eye' maxi dress and the gold patent bumbag. I've been on the hunt for a bumbag for summer to take on holiday; Normal bags are such a pain in the ass when your out partying... I may just HAVE to purchase! I am also starting to warm to the mermaid slip maxi dress... not usually a fan of pink but I really love how the dress falls so beautifully at the hem.
Sophie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment