Monday 6 February 2012

PFW - Karl does it again!

Paris Fashion Week took off last week with all the Haute Couture collections from Christian Dior, Chanel, Jean Paul Gaultier, Atelier Versace, Armani Privé and Givenchy. My favourite show was Chanel - surprise surprise! Mr Lagerfeld put on a fabulous catwalk presentation where the audience were seated in a jumbo jet setting. I thought the collection was stunningly beautiful and really showed off the Chanel brand in its true form. I'm really in love with the new drop hem style dresses - need to invest!!! Also loving the heavy embellishment and brocade stitching used for decoration and the jackets and dresses with puffball/cocoon styled sleeves... however, not too sure about the wide necks on everything though! As well, I thought the long drop earrings styled with the outfits were a really fabulous finishing touch. Omg I can't shut up about it! Here are some of my faves...


















Another show that I found to be really mind-blowing from PFW was Jean Paul Gaultier's SS 12 Haute Couture collection. Inspired by the late Amy Winehouse, all of the catwalk models were donned with Amy's OTT signiture beehive in a rainbow of colours. Apparently, her parents said the show was an insult as it portrayed the singer at her worst. I'd love to have such an established designer pay tribute to me - Amy's family speak a load of nonsense if you ask me. I was really inspired by the really bright Skittle like colour palette mixed with all the black and the OTT peplums featured on some of the pieces. Also, very excited that the whole underwear as outerwear is still an ongoing trend! My favourite pieces are the yellow floral heavy brocade style stitched dress and the black and pink mesh prom dress with the heavily embellished bustier. The collection is truly incredible and rather striking. Below are some of my favourites...





















Sophie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment